|Detailed Walkthroughs or informative AAR's:
- Reluctant Enemies Starter Guide - Living Rules version of the "Starter Guide" included with Reluctant Enemies. It is a detailed walkthrough of Turn 1.
- Reluctant Enemies Extended Starter Guide - Detailed walkthrough of a Reluctant Enemeis game, Turn 2 through the end of the game.
- Learning the Ropes – Article by Ric Van Dyke from Operational Matters detailing a full turn from the Primasole Bridge Scenario included with the game.
- Tunisia AAR – Jim Kuchar’s excellent detailed AAR for the entire campaign of the first Tunisia game.
- DAK2 AAR - Jim Kuchar's detailed AAR for the Operation Compass Scenario from DAK2, first posted on Boardgamegeek.
- Big Board Gaming YouTube tutorial of Korea "Enter the Dragon Scenario", posted in 2012:
- Big Board Gaming YouTube tutorial on "Complex Combats" is here.
- Calandale's YouTube intro to OCS using Reluctant Enemies is here.
- Mo Romaniuk's series of 49 YouTube videos about OCS, including Live Stream play of Reluctant Enemies and Sicily II is here.
- Ardwulf's Lair overview of OCS, by Gary Mengle (profile of the system and introduction to counters) is here.
- AAR page by Vincent François with multiple games (some in French and some in English) is here.
Operational Matters: An OCS Guide
Operational Matters was published in 2016 and included the game Sicily II. It is now out of print. Editor Mark Milke did a terrific job of assembling these articles for the magazine. The articles are posted here with the very kind consent of MMP.
||OCS 101- Detailed examples of play illustrating specific rules or concepts
- Hipshoot Example - Detailed walkthrough of a Hipshoot from Smolensk
- Combat Results and Retreats - Covers all situations that can come up during Combat Results and Retreats
- Key OCS Definitions
- Air Missions - Detailed walkthrough of a Sicily II turn with an example of every kind of Air Mission
- All About DUKW Units - The most questions per counter of any unit
- Stacking and Fog of War - What exactly must I show to my opponent (version 2, updated 30 Sep 2020)?
- Northern Pincer AAR - Detailed walkthrough of first two turns in northern map section by Arnaud Leclerc (version 1.2, updated 26 Oct 2019)
- Vitebsk Introductory Scenario - This detailed walkthrough of the 1-turn Vitebsk scenario by Chip Saltsman was published in Special Ops #9, Summer 2019. Co-winner of 2019 Charles Roberts award for "Best Historical or Scenario Article".
- Which Scenario Should I Play? - Article by John Bowen from Special Ops #7, Summer 2017, which rates nearly all OCS game scenarios by difficulty from "Just to Learn" to "Times that Try Men's Souls."
- Vassal Keyboard Shortcuts - One-page summary of shortcuts when playing OCS games on Vassal.
Player-Created Play Aids
- Chinese Language Rules v4.3 document is here.
- Chinese Language Sequence of Play is here.
- Chinese Language rules for Burma and Beyond the Rhine are linked on their specific OCS Depot pages.
- French Language OCS Page, with links to a French language OCS v4.0 Rule Set, and translations of materials for Hube's Pocket, Sicily I and DAK2 is here.
- French: Excellent AAR of Blitzkrieg Legend Campaign Game by Vincent François is here.
- Italian: OCS Sequence of Play
- Spanish: OCS Movement and Supply (Spanish Language: OCS Movimento y Suministros) YouTube video is here.
- Swedish: Baltic Gap AAR (Swedish Language) is here.
- Into the Gap by Malcolm Cameron, an article from Special Ops #4 (2013) recounting a beginner's perspective on OCS.